Starting a career is one of the most uncertain times of our lives, yet a few well-thought-out strategies and a healthy dose of determination can and will get you the results you desire—that is, if you’re willing to try the hardest you’ve tried at anything in your life.
What tools do you need for a successful job search?
- A fabulous resume. Emulate senior executives. They delegate when they can't personally excel by capitalizing on the niche talents of professionals. Use a professional.
- A career plan. Identify your skills, what you have a passion for and then map out how to get where you want to go. A professional coach can help with your strategy.
- Good research. You need to be near the type of jobs you want. Seek out people willing to offer their time to help you know more.
- A realistic attitude. Your management degree is unlikely to get you a position as a CEO. Think of Charlie Bell, who started with McDonalds as a teenager and did the hard yards flipping burgers before becoming the first non-US President and CEO of McDonalds in Australia.
- A coach or business-oriented family member who can conduct interviews with you. You may feel silly at first, but believe it—the more practice you get, the less room there is for nervousness and the more for confidence. Buy a book on interviewing.
- Good clothes. Always dress one level up from the position for which you are interviewing.
We have the credentials you need…
TORI Award Winner for Best New Graduate Resume in 2002, 2003, and 2004 judged by the Career Directors International judging panel.
TORI Award Nominee Best Graduate Resume 2007 . TORI Award Third-Place Best Graduate 2009.
“Best Resumes for College Students and New Grads” JIST Publications, USA and Best Resumes for College Graduates to Land $75,000+ Jobs” (JIST Publications), USA
Help your son or daughter beat the competition.
Don't let all that hard work and money you've invested be dliuted by a do-it-yourself job. Win interviews! Raise your profile! Distinguish yourself as someone special.
Are you a parent or family member? Why not contribute towards your loved one's success? Buy a gift certificate!